SBMS BLUEGRASS BRITISH BASH
MAY 3-5 2019
Derby Eve & Derby Morning, May 3-4, 2019
It’s time for the Big British Bash in the Bluegrass! Are you Ready to Rally?!
Bash activities begin Friday with a Derby Eve party and conclude Saturday morning with the Poker Rally,
ending at Boone’s Trace Country Club where participants may buy lunch and where the $100 Poker Rally
prize will be awarded. (See more details of the Poker Rally below.) If you missed last year’s fun at the
Derby Eve party, don’t miss it this year! Our Poker Rally, again planned by Carryl and Ed, promises to be
spectacular, as well. And you will still be able to attend your favorite private Derby party on Saturday.
Let the Bash Begin! — Derby Eve, Friday, May 3 — Beginning at 5:30 PM
Party & Poker Rally Packet Distribution at Torok Garage Mahal, 1105 N. Broadway, Lexington
Food, Wine, Beer & Sodas provided
$2 & $3 games of chance and Poker Rally First Card Selection
Get Ready to Rally! — Derby Morning, Saturday, May 4 —- Beginning at 9 AM
Poker Rally begins at Asian Wind Parking Lot, 3735 Palomar Center Drive (near McDonald’s)
- $65—Registration fee includes Saturday Poker Rally* (car w/ 2 occupants) driver & navigator
poker hand draws, Bug Run** dot, and the Derby Eve Party for 2
- $40—Registration fee includes Saturday Poker Rally* (car w/ 1 occupant) driver poker hand
draws, Bug Run** dot, and the Derby Eve Party for 1
- $15—Derby Eve Party only, single individual (Derby Eve food, drink, and fun)
- *For out-of-town participants, any hotels near the Beaumont Circle or University of Kentucky areas will be
convenient to both the Derby Eve Party and the Rally starting point.
- Poker Rally—Each registrant draws cards—5 total (1 at the party and others at various points during
the Rally)—trying to make the best poker hand. After a participant has drawn the final card at the lunch
stop, he/she may opt to better his/her hand by discarding 3 cards and drawing 3 more for $15. The
holder of the winning poker hand will receive a $100 prize.
- Bug Run—Each participant is issued a small round sticky dot to apply to the front of his/her car.
(Additional dots may be purchased for $2!) At lunch, the dots are inspected by our impartial judge to
find the bug splat closest to the center of the dot. A monetary prize will be awarded.
Please mark your calendars now!
Return your registration form and payment by April 26, 2019.